Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Trusting in God

This Morning in my devotions, I was reading Oswald Chambers " My Utmost For His Highest".
Outside of the Bible, it has to be one of the most poweful devotion books that I have ever read. August 12 was on the Theology of trusting in God, Oswald simply states the importance of trusting in Christ. The verse that he quotes is Matthew 8:26, " Why are you fearful?, Oh you of little faith?"
Oswald expands on this verse and says, " There are times when there is no storm or crisis in our lives, and we do all that is humanly possible. But it is when a crisis arises that we instantly reveal upon whom we rely. We come to our wits' end showing that we don't have the slightest amount of confidence in Him or in His sovereign control of the World."

* That really spoke to me this morning...reminding me that God wants me to give him everything.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena